PASTURE RAISED BEEF
Our cattle are raised on pasture their entire lives which means they are grass fed. We currently supplement necessary nutrients such as selenium and vitamin A to ensure our herd gets the required nutrition needed. We feed test our hay, which we harvest ourselves to feed our cattle during the winter months, to identify what is needed to supplement their diets for maintaining optimal herd health. Beef being raised for processing are also supplemented with some grain sourced from local farms in the area to help finish them off. We are in the process of increasing the heath of our pastures which would enable us to fully finish our beef on grass.
We do not inject our animals with steroids or hormones. Antibiotics are only used when necessary to treat illness and prevent disease outbreaks. This ensures the optimal health and well-being of the herd. Our cattle are handled using low stress and humane methods. We process our beef in a provincially inspected facility as stated by the Government of Alberta.
Our beef can be purchased in a variety of ways:
Bulk – Beef Boxes – Individual Cuts
Click here to order – Click here for recipes
Our beef can be ordered in bulk in three different size options: full, half and quarter. Specifics on weight and price breakdown for each option is detailed below. Prices are applied to the hanging weight (weight of beef with head/hair/feet/tail/blood/organs removed). Click here to order.
- Full beef (average 227 kg/500 lb hanging weight which is approximately 136 kg/300 lb of take home meat): $13.20/kg ($6/lb);
- Half beef (average 113 kg/250 lb hanging weight which is approx. 68 kg/150 lb of take home meat): $13.20/kg ($6/lb);
- Front Quarter of beef (average 57 kg/125 lb hanging weight which is approx. 34 kg/75 lb of take home meat): $15.40/kg ($7/lb);
- Back Quarter of beef (average 57 kg/125 lb hanging weight which is approx. 34 kg/75 lb of take home meat): $22/kg ($10/lb);
- Note: custom cuts can be requested, sausages are an additional cost.
A common question we are asked is how big a freezer do I need to fit that all in? Here is an approximate size of freezer required for each option:
- Full beef: Approximately 20 cubic foot chest freezer (roughly 6 ft. long)
- Half beef: Approximately 10 cubic foot chest freezer (roughly 4 ft. long)
- Quarter of beef: Approximately 4 cubic foot freezer (apartment size – 2 feet by 2 feet)
Our beef boxes are a smaller alternative to ordering bulk while still getting a better value and a variety of meats. Our boxes come in two different sizes and contain a variety of cuts including: ground beef and stew meat (approx. 1/3 of the box), variety of steaks (approx. 1/3 of the box), and variety of roasts (approx. 1/3 of the box), Click here to order.
- 11 kg/25 lb Box (assorted cuts): $250
- 23 kg/50 lb Box (assorted cuts): $500
A 23 kg/50 lb box will fill the freezer of a traditional sized fridge with the freezer on the top, the 11 kg/25 lb box will approximately half that.
Our beef can also be bought in individual cuts as listed below with their prices per cut of beef. These can be ordered (Click here to order), bought through market, or picked up at the farm.
Prime Rib: $44/kg ($20/lb)
Sirloin Tip: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Outside Round: $19.80/kg ($9/lb)
Eye of Round: $19.80/kg ($9/lb)
Brisket: $24.20/kg ($11/lb)
Cross Shoulder: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Cross Rib: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Tenderloin: $70.40/kg ($32/lb)
Rib Eye: $50.60/kg ($23/lb)
Striploin: $44/kg ($20/lb)
Porterhouse: $39.60/kg ($18/lb)
T-bone: $39.60/kg ($18/lb)
Top Sirloin: $33/kg ($15/lb)
Bottom Sirloin: $28.60/kg ($13/lb)
Inside Round: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Blade: $17.60/kg ($8/lb)
Ground Beef: $17.60/kg ($8/lb)
Smokies: $24.20/kg ($11/lb)
Hamburger Patties: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Stew Meat: $19.80/kg ($9/lb)
Short Ribs: $22/kg ($10/lb)
Heart: $8.80/kg ($4/lb)
Kidney: $8.80/kg ($4/lb)
Liver: $8.80/kg ($4/lb)
Tail: $11/kg ($5/lb)
Tongue: $11/kg ($5/lb)
Marrow Bones: $11/kg ($5/lb)
Ordering can be completed by phone (587-673-1077) or by form: